Category Archives: Blog Share
A letter to my 16 year old self.
Dear Jessica – or rather Jessicka/Jesska/Jes(sic)a however you’re spelling it right now –
You’ve turned 24, and things are changing but for the better. There are still some things you need to know, or rather be reminded of.
- You are loved – more than you know. Don’t let yourself believe that you aren’t. You’re life is worth living. You’re worth loving. Don’t listen to what those other people say. They wouldn’t know a good person if it bit them on the ass.
- It’s okay to be yourself – stop pretending that you’re into things you aren’t. Stop doing things that make you uncomfortable. Start being honest, the people that are supposed to be in your life will still love you for it.
- Some friends become your family – Julie is going to become one of the best friends you’ve ever had. Brad is your soulmate (stop laughing!) don’t spend so much time not talking to him. Jaci is more important to you than you realize, don’t let other people break you apart. Be honest with her, she’ll appreciate it and still love you.
- Good Charlotte – will always be your favorite band. And will introduce you to some amazing people. Spend more time with Jordan and rock out with her. Also, when Cathie gives you Billy Bear senior year, hug her harder and tell her thank you again.
- CASA/Snowball/De-fy-it – Will save your life more than once. Stay active. Also keep in touch with Cathie. You’ll miss her as you grow up and older.
- Get your license – Don’t wait until you’re in your 20’s get it sooner.
- Crushes – Crushes are called crushes because they’re supposed to hurt. Don’t fret, you’ll move on and when you see the guys you crushed on 8 years in the future, you’ll laugh. A LOT.
- It’s okay to not know who you are – Keep changing the spelling of your name. Eventually you’ll drop the last 3 letters anyway and stick with Jess.
- Take more pictures – You’ll want to remember these times. Don’t worry about how ‘fat you are’ or how ‘stupid you’ll look’ because you’ll just regret not having the memories later.
Most of all Jessica, remember to be happy. Keep your hope alive, and keep holding on. Things will get better. Things will get so much better. I promise.
Love 24 year old,
This letter was written along with a bunch of other people who will be posting the same thing today. I found out about the “Letter to your 16 y/o self” from the front page of wordpress who linked me to Cakes, Teas and Dreams. Let me know if you decide to write a letter to your 16 year old self. I’d love to read it.